aboutmy favs

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A Few Words




Well, I am back. That is honestly the best way I can put it. I can put together a list of quite believable excuses, but there are other things that I would like to address. This past month has been quite busy for me--I've been making some decisions regarding future plans for school. It was a stressful time, filled with a lot of thinking, fear, and doubt. I was immersed in emotions that I wasn't quite sure how to respond to them. As I end my final year of high school, there are several questions that have been floating around my mind as of late. "Where will I go to school? What will I major in? What about friends? How on earth am I supposed to start fresh when I haven't done so in such a long time?"

Change is such a frightening thing. So is being faced with choices. For the longest time in my life, I've basically been given a template of things that I know for certain. Everything had been previously written out for me and decided. Now it feels as if I am receiving the opportunity for the first time to make my own choices, and I have no idea how to go about it. 

I'd like to apologize for my absence from Ask Arpana. I had a sort of "blogger's block" where I could not really think of what I wanted to talk about. When I first started AA, I had this vision of making a fashion blog, as style is my passion. As much as I adore fashion, I also have a lot of troubles with blogging. I follow a plethora of several talented style bloggers, and every time I look at a post, I can't help but let my heart sink. I know it seems selfish, but they seem to reach a level of perfection that I don't think I can achieve. Their outfits are perfectly coordinated, their faces are flawless, they are put-together and chic. To be honest, I haven't really reached a consensus with myself, and am so afraid of posting photos of my outfits on the blog. I am fairly self-conscious, and recently I feel as though I've become less confident in who I am as a person. 

Anyways, I know that as all things, achieving confidence is something that takes time to develop. I just wanted to justify (if possible) my absence and notify you all that I will be posting in the future.

Thanks for reading :)
arpana

No comments:

Post a Comment